Please click on the following link to visit our school district website regarding enrollment and transfer.
Enrollment & Transfer Information
You must register your child at your resident school based on your Milpitas resident address. If you do not know your resident school, please use the District's School Locator below.
Registration will begin at all elementary sites on January 25th, 2021
ALL OF THE FOLLOWING DOCUMENTS ARE REQUIRED AND MUST BE MET BEFORE A CHILD'S ENROLLMENT IS COMPLETE.
1) Proof of Student's Age: The legal evidence of age is birth certificate, baptismal certificate, passport, immigration certificate, or affidavit from the parent/guardian.
2) Valid State or government picture ID
3) Proofs of Residency: Two proofs of residency are required. One proof of residency from Group A and one proof of residency from Group B are required. NO EXCEPTIONS.
Current Utility Bill (P.G. & E.)
Rental Agreement (Child must be listed as occupant on lease)
Current Garbage Bill
Additional Proofs of residency or residency forms may be required.
Current Water Bill
4) Immunization Record: Updated TB (Mantoux) required if student has been out of the county, state or country.
3 Polio for ages 4-6 (booster required if last immunization was given on or after the 4th birthday)
DPT for ages 4-6 (booster required if last immunization was given on or after the 4th birthday
2MMR (measles, mumps, and rubella)
2 doses (additional doses required if the first dose was given before the age of 1)
TB/PPD Mantoux given within the past 12 months
Hepatitas B series -3 doses
Varicella (chicken pox) vaccine
5) Name, address and phone number of previous school.
Parent release of Information (MUSD SCHOOL SITE FORM)
6) WIthdrawal papers from previous school
7) California English Language Development Test (CELDT) Proficiency Level Report for 2nd Language speakers.
8) Special Education Information (if applicable)
Copy of current IEP or Copy of current 504 Plan
Copy of current Psycho-Educational Report
Exchange of Information form completed and signed (MUSD Student Services form)
Interim Administrative Placement form completed and signed (MUSD Student Services form)
Note: if a child has had chicken pox, we must have the month, day and year that they had the disease. Other requirements are a physical exam given on or after February 17th, 2017 and proof of a recent dental exam per California Ed Code requirements.
We will also need to see the child's original birth certificate or passport and two proofs of residency (mortgage statement / rental agreement and a current utility bill --such as PG & E or water).
First Day of School
All students, new and returning, MUST be in their assigned seat when class begins on the first day of school NO EXCEPTIONS. Any student not in school on the first day of school will lose their seat and their name will be moved to the end of the enrollment list therefore leaving their open seat to the next student on the list.
Frequently Asked Questions
What determines enrollment order?
When a student's registration is completed they are given a registration number and placed on the enrollment list.
What is 'overflow' and what does it mean?
Overflow is when a school has more students enrolled than they have seats for. Those students are overflowed to another MUSD school that has space available. Those students are called back to their resident school when a seat becomes available in the order in which they are overflowed out.